Full Moon Ritual
A Full Moon Ritual is a series of intentional and symbolic actions you take on the night of the Full Moon to tap into the spiritual, healing, and manifestation potential of the Full Moon energy. Moon rituals have ancient origins and the power of the moon has throughout history captivated and fascinated humanity. While the new moon is a time to set intentions for the future and launch new projects, the full moon is a time of culmination and fruition. Starting with the "dark" phase of the new moon, the lunar surface gathers light over a two-week period, then manifests as a full moon. When the moon is completely full, it's a spiritual and energetic pinnacle of whatever you started when the sun and the moon united at the new moon.
Setting intentions & manifestations has become a regular practice of mine, and I particularly love moon rituals because they invite you to become one with our universe. Our ancestors survived based on the universe’s natural cycles and rhythms. The moon influenced hunting, gathering, tides, and time. The moon (and moonlight) is a sacred part of human life.
- Set up a sacred space: light candles, play soothing music, & clear the energy with sage.
- Meditate for 5 minutes.
- Write down a list of anything in your life that is no longer serving you that you want to release.
- On a second sheet of paper, write down a list of your desires (what you want to call into your life).
- Read the first list aloud to the full moon as you visualize what you wish to let go of floating away.
- Now that you’ve made space, read the second list out loud to the moon as you set your intention to be open to your desires coming into your life & visualize the new actions you’re going to take.
- Close by reading cards or taking a salt bath.
Have fun with it! This should be a joyful, cleansing experience! Afterward, notice how you feel. I tend to feel lighter and prepped to move forward with clarity and abundance. How do you celebrate the full moon?